You know that there are many advantages of PMP certification. It adds value to your job and career. The exam has been put been put on a hold for a long time now.
The reasons can be personal, social, and professional commitments. You are just not able to devote time to prepare for the PMP exam. This post might change your priorities.
Top Advantages Of PMP Certification
We did a small research on the Internet. This was done to find out the top benefits of doing the PMP certification to answer why it is important to pursue PMP certification.
We looked at various websites and compiled top 5 reasons for becoming PMP.
- Naukri.com is the leading job portal in India. It keeps track of education/skills that are being most sought after by companies. It says that the number 1 reason for doing pursuing the credential is that “It is globally accepted”. Here is a small quote from their article.
“With a PMP certification, you will be able to speak the global language of project management. It is globally recognized and accepted; leaving you out of the hassle of understanding new practices when you work in different regions of the world. Your skills will remain relevant across the globe.”
- Bright Hub Project Management is one of the oldest blogs in the PM arena. In their words “PMP Credentials Set You Apart“. To quote them,
“If you’ve gone through the process of obtaining PMP Certification, you have a standardized knowledge set – and the credentials to prove it. When applying for a job against competitors, having the credentials in hand will put you ahead of those who do not.”
- Shine.com is another leading job portal in India. It says, “Software Engineering jobs are one of the highest paying jobs in India and PMP is a sought after skill by the employers.”
- Entangled.com is a very popular certification blog. They believe “PMP certification looks great on resume”. Here is a small quote from the article.
“PMP certification can beef up a resume and can make the difference between getting a job as a project manager and being passed over in favor of someone else (likely someone who is PMP certified). What’s more, many employers require PMP certification of their project managers, and will not hire non-certified project managers.”
- PM-by-PM is one of the top 3 blog globally on PMP. Our strategy advisor, Praveen Malik handles the blog personally. He says having PMP entails “Higher Earning Potential”. Here is a small quote from the article.
“PMP certification provides a significant advantage when it comes to salary and earning potential.”
There are many other certifications available today. Each one has its own place in the industry. PMP has stood the test of the time. It has remained the most popular one over the years.
PMP certification has immense value in 2019 and in an immediately foreseeable future. You should prioritize over other things and take the exam this year.
Don’t Wait! The time does not stop for anyone.