Did you know that online PMI registry can be used for the online PMP certification verification?
PMI registry is a searchable online database that can be used to lookup the certification status PMP and other PMI credential holders. The registry is like a directory that has list of all the certified professionals. It is useful for verifying if a person has a valid certification status and since when she/he is holding the certificate.
Here is a link to the database – https://www.pmi.org/certifications/certification-resources/registry
PMP registry is a very useful tool for the PMP aspirants. They can use it to find out if a PMP trainer has a valid PMP certificate or not. It is also useful for employers and recruiters because they can use it for verify credentials of a project management job applicant. It can also be used to determine how long ago a person passed the credential exam.
There is a small shortcoming of this registry. It doesn’t tell the certification number of the licensed professional and number of certified people.
In this post, you will find out everything you wanted to know about the PMI registry. It includes screenshots and examples, which can help you in your own search.
How to Check PMI Registry for PMP Certification Verification?
You might be looking to get PMP certified and you are searching for a good 35 contact hours program. A good training program should be designed and conducted by an experienced and knowledgeable trainer. Furthermore, the trainer must PMP certified in good standing.
You can use the PMP registry to check if the trainer that you are considering is PMP certified or not. You can check the PMI database for her/his name. Here are the steps for verifying PMP (or any other PMI credentials).
1. Go to PMI.org and click on Certifications as shown in the figure below.
2. Go to Certification Registry in the menu as shown in the figure below. You can directly go to this page by clicking here.
3. Refer to the figure below. You will see a search form that can be used to verify the PMI credentials. In this form enter First Name, Last Name, Credential, and Country. Then press the search button and you will see the credential entry on the PMI website.
Refer to the following figures.
PMP Certified Candidates on PMI Registry
You may not find every PMP certified person’s name on the PMI certification registry. There are two reasons for that:
- PMI takes some time to update the information on the registry after you pass the exam. PMI usually updates the information about new PMPs within 5 business days but it can take up to 4 weeks also. So if you clear the exam and search your name, it may not show up immediately.
- The disclosure of information on the PMI website is voluntary. If you want you can choose to withhold your credentials information. You can instruct PMI not to display them on the certification registry.
PMI registry has a few benefits for the PMP aspirants, certification holders, and recruiters.
You can directly search for a credential holder by searching for her/his First name and Last Name.
You can also search for number of certification holders in a country. If you just select in Country in the drop-down and leave the other fields as blank, you will get to know an approximate number of certification holders in that Country.
PMP Exam Prep at Reasonable Price
Our PMP training program contains a lot of study material that will help you to pass the exam in your first attempt. You can buy our training program at a very reasonable cost.
Our PMP program is priced as low as USD 99 in USA. Our training is unmatched in the industry. It will enable you to pass the PMP exam in your first attempt and, in case you are unsuccessful, we will refund 100% training fee.
Over To You
Did you try credentials search on PMI registry? Did you find the information you were looking for?
If you have any other question about the registry, you can contact us directly. You can ask any question related to PMI credentials registry or PMP certification exam. We will promptly answer your question.